A one-step checkout can really help your conversions, but finding a CartHook alternative that’ll allow you to implement the one-step checkout without spending $500 USD upfront is a tough thing many Shopify store owners couldn’t go around.
In this article, I will share with you the one-step checkout solution for Shopify that 99% of you didn’t know exist. And the best part about it is: It’s a hell of a handy tool for $39 USD a month.
What is Checkout X?
Checkout X is a software that allows Shopify store owners to turn their standard 3 step checkout process into an easy and simple one-step checkout process, making it easier for the customer to checkout in fewer steps, which basically result in a slight increase in the conversion rate.
Checkout X is powered by a Bulgarian based limited company called Eri Digital that’s focused on creating software that helps Shopify store owners optimize their user experience and sales funnel, while helping their customers increase their average order value.
Eri Digital has recently announced that they’ll be working on expanding to other e-commerce platforms, so they’ll be helping more entrepreneurs increase their revenue.
How does it work?
Setting up Checkout X on your Shopify store is as easy as copy and paste.
Once you create your account, you’ll be given a script to paste before the </head> of your Shopify store’s code. Once you do that, your standard checkout process will automatically be replaced by a better checkout.
CartHook’s installation is actually different because it’s tag-based. If you want a certain product’s sales to be processed through their funnels, you will need to add a tag provided by CartHook in the product setting page. Once you save the new product settings, the checkout for that product will be processed through CartHook’s checkout, while keeping sales for the rest of the product go through the Shopify’s built-in 3 step checkout.
What are the tools and software Checkout X integrates with?
- Payment Providers: Stripe, PayPal, BlueSnap, Checkout.com, Braintree, and more.
- Email Marketing: Mailchimp and Klaviyo.
- SMS Marketing: SMSBump
- Tracking: Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Pixel, and Trackify.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate by Secomapp can work with Checkout X with the injection of a small script, you can track your affiliate sales accurately right from the Affiliate app.
- Subscription: ReCharge.
- Address Autofill: Algolia Places.
- They have a lot of guides that help you through the process of setting up everything in their Help Center.
Checkout X doesn’t offer Developer API or Webhooks for better and more flexible integration with tools that are not currently supported. However, you can still insert scripts in all the pages within Checkout X at Checkout Settings. You may use that part to paste Hotjar’s tracking code or Smarlook to be able to record visitors while they checkout, so you’ll have more insights on what to improve.
You may as well add such tracking codes through Google Tag Manager.
How do I set up upsells with checkout x?
Setting up an upsell for a certain product is a matter of a few clicks. Once you’re in the upsells section of the dashboard, add a new upsell, write the headline you want for the upsell (you should write something powerful) and, select the trigger product for the upsell. After that, you will need to choose the priority of the upsell, then select the product you want to use as an upsell and hit save.
Make sure your upsell product has clean and nice-looking images, alongside a compelling product description with a few images and gifs inserted in.
Checkout X pros:
There are certainly a lot of perks that come along with using Checkout X as your one-step checkout Shopify solution. Here are a few of them:
- It’s a great tool that instantly increases your conversion rate.
- User-friendly and clean dashboard with accurate analytics.
- It’s extremely easy to use. You don’t need to be a nerd or a tech-savvy guy to get the hang of it.
- Integrates with all the tools you need to create a 7-figure brand.
- Works great with Google Analytics’ Enhanced Ecommerce.
- Works with fulfillment apps like Oberlo, Dropified, and CJ Dropshipping.
- Supports all the payment providers you need as a dropshipper, including BlueSnap (A payment provider that accepts dropshipping businesses. BlueSnap is not supported in Shopify’s 3-step checkout)
- Setting up the integrations and payment providers is very easy.
- You can set up upsells with a few clicks and start increasing your average order value.
Checkout X cons:
Using Checkout X has obviously a lot of perks, but there’s still room for improvement. These are the things I didn’t like about it the most:
- You can’t customize the look of the upsell’s page with a drag and drop builder. You’re limited to one simple layout.
- It doesn’t fire pixels for upsells purchases.
- Doesn’t add the analytics for Initiated Checkouts and Purchases to Shopify’s reports.
- Sometimes the support team takes longer to answer your questions, especially between Saturdays and Mondays due to the fact that they take weekends off and they have to handle lots of emails during the beginning of the week.
Is Checkout X a worthy One-Step Checkout cartHook alternative for Shopify?
Checkout X is for sure the best one-step checkout solution for Shopify. With a monthly fee of just $39 bucks, you unlock a higher conversion rate, and increase your average order value, without having to give up your favorite payment provider.
CartHook for sure has a few more features, but it’s extremely overpriced. So if you can’t afford $500 USD a month, and need a one-step checkout for your Shopify store, Checkout X is certainly the software for you.
If you need extra help with the setting up a branded Shopify store, or need help with anything else, feel free to reach out to us. We can guide you through the step-by-step actions you need to do, and we’ll actually be happy to help you succeed.